7 Home Interior Design Ideas For The New Year That Won’t Go Out of Style!
Are you looking for some fresh home interior design ideas to spruce up your space this New Year? Whether you’re aiming for a complete overhaul or just want to make a few simple changes, updating your home's interior design can be both exciting and overwhelming. To simplify the process and help you get inspired, we’ve put together several ideas you can easily implement into any budget without making significant alterations. Here are 7 of the best interior decorating ideas for the new year that won’t go out of style.
1. Incorporate Contemporary Patterns
Give your home a modern upgrade by adding contemporary and geometric patterns. Not only do these designs look unique and add depth to any space, but they’re also incredibly versatile, allowing you to easily switch out different color palettes as the seasons change. The most common contemporary interior design patterns you can consider for your furniture and floor include the following:
- Modern tribal: This style is characterized by geometric shapes with a tribal-inspired flair.
- Abstract: This pattern is all about bold colors, psychedelic shapes, and eye-catching designs.
- Floral: A classic look that adds a touch of femininity to any room.
- Geometric shapes: A popular option that can make a space more interesting and modern by using circles, squares, triangles, and hexagons.
- Abstract: A great way to add visual texture and depth to a room using vibrant colors and shapes.
- Traditional: Traditional patterns are timeless and can easily be incorporated into any home. An example of a traditional pattern is the chevron or herringbone design.
Include different contemporary patterns to add a motif, especially in small houses, to appeal to the eye and make it appear bigger.
2. Opt For Natural, Earthy Materials
Blend modernism with natural materials to create a stylish texture in your home. We recommend adding natural materials to your coffee table and sofa. Earthy materials such as metals, stones, and wood will help you create warm, inviting spaces with a sense of comfort and luxury. Upholstery choices with natural, earthy materials can blend with a linen or leather sofa in the living room to create a stylish yet cozy atmosphere.
3. Use Neutral Color Palettes For A Timeless Look
Choose neutral color palettes to avoid bold designs that clash with each other. Neutral colors such as beige, white, and brown complement almost any decor. As some of the best interior designers in Atlanta, we know the value of using neutral color pallets that are easy to match for a modern living space. Using neutral color palettes makes it easy to update your living room or furniture, such as an accent chair, with contemporary designs and keep pace with the evolving interior design trends.
4. Install New Lighting Fixtures—A Quick Way To Give Your Home An Updated Look
Use high-end and non-intrusive light fixtures to give your home a new look. Nothing brings a dull and outdated room to life quite like lighting. You can transform the look of any room with one simple change — replace your old light fixtures with modern ones.
Here are some of the fixtures we recommend for your home:
- Pendant lights: Install this type of light fixture in the enclosed rooms in your house or areas that require task lighting
- Stylized chandelier: Install these light fixtures in open spaces
- High-hanging sconces: Replace that old, dull, outdated light fixture with high-hanging sconces in artistic designs that match your home's interior design style and overall theme.
Remember, lighting fixtures are not just there to provide you with light; they also improve your home's overall design. You can learn how to install new lighting fixtures or ask our home interior experts to help you.
5. Repurpose/Re-Upholster Furniture For An Eco-friendly Makeover
Did you know that you can bring life back to an outdated piece of furniture by re-upholstering or repurposing it? It's a great way to save money, help the environment, and give your home an updated look.
Furniture upholstery can give a whole new feel to a room, from chairs to sofas. We also recommend boho chic patterns for maximum impact. Swap out dull or outdated upholstery fabrics with bright colors and patterns that bring out the best in your home's interior design.
Repurposing furniture is also a great way to keep it from going to waste and add new life to a piece. You can take an old bookcase, chest of drawers, or nightstand and give it a new lease on life with a fresh coat of paint and some updated hardware. It’s an eco-friendly way to keep furniture out of landfills and give your home an updated look.
6. Utilize Plants To Create A Garden-Inspired Space
Any interior designer will tell you that plants give your home's interior a more natural appeal. We recommend plants such as English ivy next to your coffee table to help you retain clean air inside the home. Besides boosting air quality, use plants to give your house a garden-inspired look. Plants and greenery in your home also bring a sense of coziness and an inviting atmosphere.
7. Use Colorful Accent Pillows & Throw Blankets
Accent pieces such as pillows and throw blankets are incredibly useful accessories for a more lively and colorful decor. These additions can help make the room look bigger, provide an effortless pop of color, and add a cozy touch to your home's interior. We recommend choosing accent throw pillows made from natural fabrics such as linen or cotton, as these are more durable in the long run. You can buy your accent pillow and throw blankets from a local fabric store near you or from an e-commerce store that specializes in home decor.
While some homeowners use colorful towels, rugs, and bedding to update bedrooms, we recommend incorporating throw blankets and accent pillows in a color palette that complements your home's style, to give the entire room a more modern and polished look.
Ask Our Staff About Home Interior Design Ideas and Help
If you feel like home decorating is overwhelming or you don't have the time to devote to it, our design experts at Bob's Upholstery and Decorating Center are here to help. We can provide home interior design ideas and tips customized for your home. Our home interior experts are experienced in creating a space that works with what you already have in place while giving your home a modern look for the new year.
Contact us today at to get help from our home decor experts! We are here to provide you with all the decorating advice and solutions you need for a fresh start in the new year!
Leave a Comment